Camming is just like any other job in the sense that there are health risks involved. But unlike other jobs, there’s no HR department to look out for you. Cam models fill that role for themselves and have to make the extra effort to balance hard work with self-care.
Stay Physically Healthy To Stay Financially Hustling
- Stay Hydrated: This is a crucial thing I see many models forgetting. Staying hydrated is essential to every aspect of life. Keep a glass or bottle at your workstation and refill your body after those squirt shows.
- Do Some Stretches: Treat camming like you would any other physical activity. Warm up with a few stretches before starting your day. If you need guidance, hit up YouTube for free routines or yoga moves. Muscles should stretch easily to the point of tension, but be sure to stop if you feel pain. Consult a doctor if you are pregnant or have a previous injury.
- Moisturize: Staying hydrated on the outside as well as the inside is vital. Pick a moisturizer that will compliment your skin type. If you have sensitive skin, avoid any with fragrances or heavy bleaches.
- Beware of Toxins: Many toys sold as novelties contain phthalates. Over time, phthalates begin to leak out of the novelty toy and can cause:
- Burning sensations
- Other extreme illnesses
Studies linking phthalates to illnesses have led to them being banned in certain products in Europe and Canada. Yet the use of phthalates in adult toys sold as “novelty” items is still prevalent. Switch to 100% silicone, glass, or stainless steel.
Camming Is Your Work, Not Your Life – Make Time For Self-Care
- Take Plenty of Breaks: This is especially important if you find yourself getting easily frustrated. Don’t let those rude customers or lack of traffic ruin your day. Just step away from the computer for a few minutes at a time and take a breather. Doing almost anything else is preferable to being flustered.
- Go For A Walk: Designate some time each day for a walk. Take a stroll around the block and literally smell some roses. Physically removing yourself from your workspace is a helpful way to hit the reset button. If you can’t safely walk around your neighborhood, stay indoors and take a few laps around the house.
- Talk To Someone: Find that supportive BFF or significant other to turn to when things get frustrating. Sharing your successful moments with them is twice as fulfilling so let them know when you’ve reached a milestone, the same way you would for any other job. Talking about things out loud can be especially therapeutic.
No Health Inspector Is No Excuse – Keep It Clean, Girl
- Disinfect Your Toys: Disinfecting your toys allows them to last longer. More importantly, it keeps you safe. Use disinfectant spray and warm water on silicone. You can toss glass and stainless steel toys in the dishwasher. Toys made of porous material have a shorter shelf life. And remember to take the batteries out before storing electronics.
- Wash Your Stage: Your “stage” is any surface you perform on. This is crucial after those “wet” shows. Wash the bedding in hot water to ensure it’s disinfected. Bleaching might be necessary for stains, but be careful if you have sensitive skin. Promptly remove sheets from the washer and machine or line dry them. Rotate your sheet sets, and store the others in a spot where bugs are not likely to get to them.
- Wash Your Hands: Studies have shown that the average office keyboard hosts up to five times the amount of bacteria and viruses found on a toilet seat. The CDC recommends washing your hands regularly and disinfecting your computer keyboard at least once a month. As a camgirl, you might want to disinfect after every show. Include this in your routine by wiping down your keyboard with an alcohol pad when disinfecting your toys.
You Are The Boss – Own Your Work Environment and Get It Together
- Stay Organized: Less mess, less stress. Time spent searching for toys or login info is valuable time taken away from camming. Also, nothing is as frustrating as a missing invoice. Take some time to create:
- Spots for toys and equipment
- Folders in your inbox for work emails
- Computer folders for login info and passwords
- Filing system for expense and income receipts
A neat, organized environment helps with productivity and peace of mind. Keeping tabs on your physical and mental health and staying organized will ensure your camming career is enjoyable, professional and productive.
How to become a Male webcammer in a female dominated industry
The Minimum Technology You Need To Be a Camgirl 2019 Edition
Thirteen reasons why………………….I’m a Cam Girl